Chelsies countdown

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Had our FIRST BAPTISM this past week

We had my first BAPTISM on sunday!!! wow it was so amazing. Miguel :) He is so great and the spirit was so strong at his baptism! It was so cool. We have ANOTHER baptism this sunday with Luis! It is so good. The work is finally coming up in our area, wheras it was dead for a while. We have a couple other investigators who we will be extending dates to soon this week. :) It was an eventful week. Particularily because there was a huge storm/tornato like downfall. The power was our for a couple days, thankfully not in our apartment because ours has its own plant system. BUT everywhere else=NO power. And still they dont think it will work until saturday in most areas here in this county. It is sad! There was an earthquake about 2 weeks ago too! And they have never had one here before. But the storm was sunday around 3 right after we left church. We were going to go home, but thankfully members invited us to eat at their home so we werent on our bikes :) close one there! So things have been kinda rough for a lot of members here. Other than that everything is great! We have transfers next pday already! I cannot believe it! That was the fastest 6 weeks ever!!!!!!!! It feels like I just got to the mtc still. Well...everything is coming along and I finally feel adjusted to everything, time the streets and places, the bike, the culture and the weather! :) I am so grateful to be here at this time, to have my companion who continues to help me progress and learn how to be a great dedicated missionary. Spanish is comin along. :) So I was reading in the Gen Conference ensign from may 2009 the talk by E. Eyring called "Adversity." It is such a wonderful talk. Please read it! It is a wonderful talk that will help anyone with any issue or circumstance that seems unfair. It is powerful and motivating! I am grateful for our prophet and apostles who tell us exactly what we need to hear. They are incredible, inspired men! i love this quote by Uchdorft..."as we extend our hands and our hearts towards others in Christlike LOVE, something wonderful happens to us! Our own spirits become HEALED, more REFINED, and STRONGER. We become HAPPIER, more PEACEFUL, and more receptive to the whisperings of the Holy Spirit." Wow i love that. I mean isnt that what we all want right? To be happy and peaceful and strong? I know I do! lol. And as we do a self check daily of who we were that day and what our actions where...do we resemble Christ? I know that when we act as He would act, we feel His love, and nothing else matters, because we are focused on Him and who we want to become. I am so grateful for this gospel and its message of happiness, love and truthfulness! How fortunate we are to have it in our lives.
I love you all veddddy much :) Hope everyones doing excelllent. hugs to all :)
Love always,
Hermana TAV :)

No comments:

Post a Comment