Chelsies countdown

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

When people accept Christ in their lives, nothing else matters.

Hola mi familia!
Thank you for your wonderful emails, I especially enjoyed dads haha. He cracks me up! I look forward to all the emails on wednesdays.
Mission life is terrific! It is going great and I continue to see many miracles everyday. Days are sometimes really long, but the days that start out rough-really really get good near the end of the day, so I like those days. :) Mom got your package Gracias! :)
Sooo this week was good! We are planning the baptism for Miguel Angel!!!! We are SUPER stoked! I feel so lucky to see a baptism within my first transfer in my area-i guess it was dead for a while-onyl about 2 baptisms for 4 transfers. But Miguel is wonderful and has a lot of support from his sister and brother in law who are recent converts. Part member families are the best! His baptism is sunday after church-also his birthday :) What a wonderful day! Luis is getting baptized in about a week and a half too :) His sister has been a member for a while and he finally came around. We gave him a powerful testimony about baptism and faith and how he needs to get baptized! My comp layed it down!! She is the bomb! haha. So he is great. We have been teaching someone new-Rony who is around 25 or 30(dad-maybe I can hook him up with babbs-hes pretty cute lol) He is funny-he tries to speak english for me haha. Im like-dude just speak spanish I understand it, just cant speak it well enough yet haha. He came to the VC last night with us to watch the Joseph Smith movie. That movies brings me to tears every time! It is so powerful and strong. He also went to the "Why I believe" night at the VC on sunday and really liked it. Pres and Sis Matsumori were there and spoke-they are sooo rock solid! It was a wonderful night.Yesterday we witnessed a grand miracle! Aw... it was HOT on our way out-HOT!!! And we were checking up on our referrals-NO luck! wow it was a long and hot couple hours. We started walking out of the building and saw a door-(mainly all apartments in our area) so we both were like-yea lets knock why not. And opened the door-freddie-who is the brother in law of Lopez family in our ward-Miguel angel is brother too) and we met freddie once during FHE at their house when he was picking up his daughter. We knew the previous situation with his wife who was in the hospital last week because of her liver. Some of the members went and gave her a blessing a couple days ago. She was happy to see us and we were excited to finally meet her. We had NO idea they lived there. The Lord really put them in our path. We taught their family and we are going back tomorrow night :) THey are really humble! Wow that was a great experience. :) I am so grateful for this gospel. I have been learning so much just the few weeks I have been here. Learning so much about faith, and how important it is to have a sure foundation of faith. This morning during my personal studying I started readying "our search for happiness" by Ballard. I read it in the MTC but wanted to read it again. I LOVE the beginning where he talks about the story of his father seeing Christ. WOW it is incredible and put me to tears. As I am going through ups and downs, I realize how much I am putting my everything to the Lord. SO much prayer and fasting. It is incredible how close we can be to the Savior, it is up to us to put ourselves close enough to Him, so he can guide us. I am so grateful for the scriptures! I am just eating them up in my personal study and am almost done with the BOM again. WOW i have learned so much. I feel so lucky and blessed to be here. I am grateful the Lord has put people and things in my path to lead me to my mission. There are a lot of things that had happened before my mission and I know if I had made other decisions that I would have not been here. There is a scripture I found that I adore. "And thus we see the great call of diligence of men to labor in the vineyards of the Lord; and thus we see the great reason of sorry, and also of rejoycing-sorrow because of death and destruction among the men, and JOY because of the LIGHT of CHRIST unto Life!" Alma 28:14. That scripture hit me! We see that so many times-the rejecting of the word, but the joy when they see the light of christ into their lives! When people accept Christ in their lives, nothing else matters. There could be tragedy, sorrows, pains and sins, yet with the Lord, nothing else matters! I love this work! It is fantastic and it has changed my life! I love you fam sooo much!!! :) thanks for the support and updates :) me and my comp are doing great. She continues to push me and help me.
Hope to hear from ya sooon :)
Con Amor,
Hermana Tavernier :))

No comments:

Post a Comment