Chelsies countdown

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, July 1, 2010

First Emails tracting in Wash DC!!!

Dear Family-

I AM GREEEAT. Tracting is SO GOOD. It was incredible! We have 3 investigators-Tayna is from El Salvador-she works with Manuel(recent convert) at some country club-they are cleaners-very humble and amazing!-Manuel convert a month ago-his wife Hermana Lopez converted 5 years ago-SHE IS INCREDIBLE-even though i can barely understand them lol. So we meet her Saturday-she is a referral-member referrals are the best. We took her on a tour-the spirit was SO strong-she didn't know anything about Mormons. We watched the Joseph Smith movie-she loved it. :)

It is HOT! and HUMID!-we sweat SOOO much lol.

We eat at members houses about 5 times a week. Sometimes more or less. GOOOD food!
My companion Hermana Menendez is from Ecuador-she speaks very little English-that is why it is so hard for me-because im like-OK so who can understand how i feel-cuz it is hard to communicate!! But I am understanding A lot of Spanish-it is incredible!!!! :)

We don't have to wear knee highs :) wahoo

LOVE-YOU!!! Thank you for that quote. It was GREAT! I LOOOOVE that talk-His Hands. My favorite one from conference. I LOVE what you described about prayer. It is true! He does know what we need. ASK and YE SHALL RECEIVE!!-but the part I love most is-KNOCK and it shall be opened-We must do-act in all things right?

Ok so my first night tracting-was SO cool. We had an appt with Luis-he is about 65. He lives with his sister who is a member. She is so nice. Anyways she is really pushy with the church on him. He had his foot cut off about a week ago-gangrene. sad. but my comp has been in this area-Olney South for about 2 transfers now-and her compa dn her taught his about 4 times-like 3 months ago. BUT be was in the hospital for 6 weeks.He has been humbled now-so we extended him a bap date for julio 30. :) he accepted! First day! So cool!! I was like-wait is this really happening? this is missionary work!? haha. I didnt know what to expect. I didnt know that the Lord prepares the people too-we cannot convince and keep teaching until they are ready. We teach people-but they dont want it. Some people are coming to us! Like Alfanzo-he calls us all the time! HAhaa.I think tonight or tomorrow we are extending a bap date!!! im excited. So last night was great. OK the whole day was great. sun was so hard bc we didn't get into any doors-i felt awful! we talked to so many people too. BUT yesterday we went into about 5 or 6 homes. We taught Jovino who was baptized in December-hes 25- his story is incredible. baptized in 3 weeks. He lives at Dinaminas house who is 29-divorced has 2 kids-SHE IS INCREDIBLE! and speaks English! haha her story is great too-missionary's knocked on her door instantly after praying-she said she was going through hell at 18 yrs old. She married a great Mormon guy at 21...etc. didn't work out. She is from Dominican republic, moved here to Maryland when she was 10? So pretty Americanized. But she takes everyone into her home-has a heart of gold. anyways we were teaching them last night and then her friend asked to be taught! it was incredible.! It is hard for me to speak Spanish-but my comp is INCREDIBLE and is sooo diligent and hardworking. But Jazmine said that when i bore my testimony it was so clear and bold, powerful and she said sure.She wanted hers to be sure too. I told her everything is because of the Savior! It is true-the only reason I can understand Spanish in about 3 months is because of the Savior! Man it is incredible-the power I feel everyday-I have never felt this spirit so strong ever in my life-it is a HAPPY, comforting feeling. I cannot describe it. I LOVE this work! It brings me peace and assurance that this is where I am supposed to be. This is the greatest thing that could happen to me. I love it. I hope that everyone is well. Everyone is always in my prayers. :) I love you all so much and have loved this rocky yet joyful taste of my first week here. I love the culture and the language.

I love you all so much!!!

Con Amor Siempre,

Hermana Tavernier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment