Chelsies countdown

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Chelsie arrived in Washington DC!!!

Hey mom and dad!
before I forget-didnt get chases email..?? What is it?
Anyways!! HOLA! Im here safe and settled in DC :)) WAHOO! Today(Wed) is our Pday :) Talking to you all was sooo great!!! Yesterday we got in around 9 and the President and his wife picked us up:). They are fantastic people. So kind and hilarious. I can tell they are about ready to go(next week.) So they picked us up and drove us to IHOP. LOL. It was so fun.But don't you worry-it gets BETTER. lol.Oh and it is SO HUMID! It was about 90 degrees yesterday and is today too. They drove us straight to the temple to "check in with the Lord" :) It was a very good spiritual experience. The temple is AMAZING. It is huge!!! We spent a little bit of time, and then met some of the missionaries at the VC.:) We next went to their home and took naps:) yes a splendid 4 hr nap. :) Then we had a training meeting mainly about driving and emergencies. We ate dinner then had a testimony meeting. It was terrific. We had some dessert, played ping pong(yes sister Mansell played too lol) went to bed :) This morning we all got up(15 missionaries stayed) Then went straight to the VC to meet our trainers. My trainer is fabulous. Her name is Hermana Menendez-she is from Ecuador. She has been our for 9 months :) Luckly, the three of us Spanish sisters got natives :). My prayer was answered :)Yes! I had a great chat with President last night and he asked if I knew how to ride a bike-of course that was hinting that I would probably be starting in a bike area-which is totally fine! This morning he said that one set would be going full-proselyting, and I had a feeling last night I would, and we are! It is a lucky opportunity to go Spanish full-pros! Im SO excited. I guess there are a lot of sisters who dont ever got full-pros. Which means no VC for a transfer or two-but we can always bring our investigators there! Im so excited to go to a Spanish area and learn Spanish quickly! What a blessing! My trainer is great! After we went to the temple and did a session. We get to go every transfer. It feels like home here! When I flew in I knew exactly this is where I am supposed to be. :) We ate some wonderful lunch here then picked up all of our stuff at the stake center. Oh and I wont be needing blazers until I am at the VC. There are about 30 Sisters-14 Hermanas-spanish speaking. Everyone is so nice-a lot of Sisters from various places in the world-Italy, France, tons of South American countries. The senior couples are SO nice. I am excited to get to work! Our area is supposedly really big-southern Maryland-but that just means a good work-out right?! haha. I am so excited and happy right now! I know that my comp is going to do a great job. She is so cute and so diligent and hardworking. I can already tell. I got the bedding :) Gracias! I love you so much and dont forget to email me Chase and Babbs emails. thanks for everything :) write me to the mission home this week!!!!!!!!
Love,
Hermana Tavernier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment