Chelsies countdown

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Yipee Chase got his mission call!!!!

Hola! Como esta?! Life is great here! Pday is excellent! We are doin laundry right now. :) Thanks for the letter yesterday mamma and dad! They were sweet! Sounds like the concert was fun! :) And im sure your laurels loved their quits! thats so awesome, your the best! Tell babbs hi and that im sending her a letter today :) IM SOOOOO excited for chase!!!!! WAHOO! I knew he was going somewhere down there and spanish haha! So i wonder if he is in Carols mission? I have been writing Carol too! Ill have to let her know. I love having sister missionary friends! :) and I have been writing Sister Samia(from Hawaii) shes is Phili. She is awesome. I cant wait to get the package from you! Thanks so much. My comp gets packages like everyday haha. But its all good. Her fam lives 10 mins away lol. I told chase what my teacher said about that mission chase is going to-he is jealous! he went to santiago and LOVED it, but some of his friends went to south concepetion and they say it is the prettiest mission there. :) haha. im so stoked for him. Jake!!!! Im so excited, and to Veirs mission?!?! Crazy! they will be BFF haha.
Man this week has been rockin! Me and my comp have been teaching Phil from Boston(i think i told you about him last week). He is a real person too haha... Here we usually don't get to teach real life people except at the Referral Center.(call center) and some elders passed him on to us-they only found and taught him a couple times) But we taught him the restoration and MAN hes so amazing. He is the coolest man. Hes about dads age and lives with his 2 brothers. He is on disability bc of his back injury at work. So he is home a lot. But we call him about every other day. Yesterday he wasn't in the mood to really talk, so that was really hard for us because Saturday we had the most amazing conversation. It was about 45 min long. Phil was flipping through the tv and came up on BYU sat morning before we called him :) He watched a little bit about Joseph Smith. He believes that Heavenly Father and Christ appeared to him! We practically started crying, it was amazing how the spirit can be so strong over the phone. He had lots of questions and doesnt know a lot about our church. I told him my favorite chapter is 3 nephi 11, when Christ comes. He loved that. He said he thinks its great when they compare Christ to the hen gathering his chicks. I was like, REALLY, o MY goodness this is incredible. It is just so amazing to share our testimonies to others, and truly the great power that the spirit can have with us and tell us exactly what to say. Man Saturday was excellent. The missionaries should be going over(we have been trying to get them over there the past week or two, but the lady at the office is so slow and crazy, I was telling my comp how i wanna ring her neck! haha. get the elders over there! HAHa. He couldn't make it to church(though he wants to go) bc his ride didnt show up :( Man Phil rocks though. He is an amazing person who deserves the gospel so much like everyone else!!!
We are also teaching a progressive investigator in the TE. We get to see him about 3 times a week. We LOVE him!!!!! :) he is this older man who's from Boston and its sooo nice and kind. He loves me and my comp haha. Hopefully we can commit him to baptism soon! We are super busy teaching different people, its great practice for the mission. We teach about 6 lessons a week, now transitioning to spanish. But bobby and phil are english. Its so great!!!!
My comp and me are great! we have been teaching in Espanol. Its crazy! ITS hard!! we speak "caveman Spanish". it is funny to hear us. haha. Im getting used to the schedule here. My teachers ROCK. They are incredible RM's who devote so much to us. We are so lucky. There's an elder here from Corona, Ca. in my district, he reminds me of Chase :) He is the Distict Leader, so when he talks, he is exactly like Chase. I feel lucky to have him here bc its like getting a little tast of my bro!!.
Last night the presidency came for our devotional review(we do a mini testimony meeting after) and after we finished the elder asked the lakers scores. Hes obbsesed too like Chase with the Lakers! HAHA me and him were SO pumped they are doing good. everyone else hates us Californians cuz there form UTAh HAHA.
Im great though. Healthy and happy!!! :)I love our new Hermanas! They are so sweet! they are going to Canada and Argentina. :)
I have been here for 5 weeks! WEIRD! its going TOO fast. It used to go so slow, bow its cruising by. I will call you at the airport and will give you details later. But maybe I can just swipe my CC there they said? or should i buy a calling card? idk. we will figure it out. Ok so i think i will upload all the pics onto CDS here at the photoplace. good idea? Then you can upload to your computer. perfect :) cuz the cards and flash drives might be too much work. Theres no time anyways! :)
Man i love you mom and dad, chase and kenz and babbs! will write you all more later :)
have FUN at GLEE! :) miss ya all and love your letters :)
El Evangelio is verdad, no?! thats what we say all the time(The Gospel is true, no?)
Love you all,
Hermana Tavernier!! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment