Chelsies countdown

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Another great email!

Hi! How are you mom and dad!?
Today is pday! YAYA! We had a great morning, got most of our studying in :) We are going to the temple later and going to eat in the cafeteria with our district :)
So last night we had a VERY special guest come. Elder Holland came! We are so fortunate here to hear apostles! It was so incredible. Nobody thought we would get one especially because we had Elder Perry come 2 weeks ago. Also Sheri Dew came on Mothers day to our RS! And we got to meet her afterwards. I came at the right time! :)
Elder Holland's talk was touching. It was firm but loving, you know how he is. The room was filled with the spirit. He told some funny jokes too. Patricia Holland is a gem. What a sweetheart. She told us to teach with love, as Christ would. That is what me and my comp are striving to do, and when we do teach as Christ would and by the Spirit, man our lessons ROCK. He told us how proud you were of us (since we couldn't be with our moms on Sunday-Mothers day!). :) He told us how important this time is, that there is literally nothing better than preaching the gospel. He told us never to come home with regrets, and to step it up. His man message was to "Never go home and walk away from this" because he has seen so many bad missionaries just act like there mission was nothing, where it should have been the foundation of their lives. He talked about Preach My Gospel and the old way they used to memorize the discussions. I cant even imagine that. He told a story of 2 missionaries who were in a rich part of South America and a lady answered the door and spoke in English. They were shocked. They started to teach in Spanish, but she said, no teach from your hearts. You can guess what they said. They couldn't do it. She was very disappointed. After this experience and many others, President Hinckley felt that missionaries need to teach by the Spirit. We find what someone needs and teach them that principle along with whatever we feel they need to hear. The new PMG is for missionaries just as much as it is for investigators.! Cool huh?! D&C 50 is amazing. Me and my comp read it this morning. Read it! :) verses 13-14 tell us that the gospel must be preached by the spirit, or there is no other way. When he told us all this, I was so touched!He said "This isn't Burger King, You cant have it your way" HAHA. thats the BK slogan. LOL
We must trust in the Lord! and to "knock their socks off!" My fav thing he talked about was Christs love. My heart ached with love as he told us how much we mean to Christ.In Matthew it says "Lovest thou me?". That was the theme. Then it says "Then feed my sheep." I don't think it had ever crossed my mind until I entered the mission that if we love him with everything, we must preach the Gospel. Out of everything he askes, he askes to teach and to love others. What a kind, merciful Lord he is! I felt the power of an apostle when he said "I did not give my life for a fairytale!" He speaks for all the 15 men. They have gone through hell and back and if they didn't know it was true, they wouldn't be here today, giving everything up. I realize I must give up everything I have for the Lord while Im here. My pride, any judgments I have of others, and become like Christ. We can do ANYTHING or everything through Christ, if we serve diligently and keep the commandments, and give everything to our callings whatever circumstance we may be in, and I know this is true because of the strength I have seen here on my mission. Sure I miss things at home, like you all and all the good times, but this, this work is undeniably what I am suppose to do! I have confirmation every day and I know that if we put God and Christ first, we will be HAPPY :) I love missionary work! it rocks lol. So me and my comp have a real life investigator! some elders from our zone left and they happened to call at the RC(resource center) and contact someone who is interested in the gospel. He signed a pass along card a couple years ago and they finally go a hold of him. They left this weekend, so they felt they should pass it to me and Herm. Gleason. We felt so fortunate. We haven't talked to him yet(he got in a bad accident) BUT we are talking to his Brother Doug. Doug seems Golden, hopefull it will last that way! We are calling him in a bout an hour. :) I shared my testimony yesterday and told him a little about missionaries and my family. He doesn't have a fam but lives with his 2 brothers. they are around 50 and live in Boston. We sent the missionaries out there this weekend, but one didn't talk to them. We will see how everything goes. Im excited! I LOVED talking to a real life investigator and we are so privileged to teach someone right now, this is rare i guess. coolio!
Well everything is just dandy :) We get tres hermanas today!! :) We are excited to meet them!
I love you SOO much and hope everything is welll at home!
Let me know when Chase gets his CAll! WAhoo!!
thanks for the letters! :) love you all very much! :)
Love always,
Hermana Tavernier

No comments:

Post a Comment