Chelsies countdown

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Chelsies week 3 email-whooo hooo!

hey fam!
I love you all so much!! How is everyone?! I am excellent! Thanks for all your letters :) i love them. Im so glad the wedding went great! Lindsay's friend Ally asked me how is was last night, she is hilarious! Today is p-day! saweet! we went to the physical therapist this morning for my companion so we could have more time to study this afternoon so we are not so rushed. Im doing laundry right now too. The other Hermana's left a couple days ago to Guatemala! I was so jealous, I wanted to leave too! So now its just our district and one other one, but they are leaving Monday! We also get a new set today and me and my comp and the zl'a get to welcome them and give them all the low down. haha. So we will be the oldest district for a while (and no Hermana's are coming :(..) But things are good! I am loving my life and loving learning about the Gospel and new lessons that help me everyday. We went to the TE(teaching evaluation) yesterday to get some feedback. We are now introducing ourselves and talking about work, school and other everyday activities in Spanish. We are carrying on a 15 min conversation before our 30 min lesson. So every Friday(for the real lesson) we are preparing throughout the week to do that. We got good feedback, but we don't know Spanish HAHA. We laugh every time we leave bc we say..will we ever be able to get this?!) Thankfully the other elders that have been here almost 9 weeks say the same thing. HAHA. But nevertheless we still have faith and hope that the gift of tongues will be with us..hopefully! :) I have been so fortunate to have been prepared to be here. I have totally noticed this since I have been here. With everything I went through before and in Hawaii, the Lord was testing me.....So I guess I am somewhat passing-haha saweet! lol- but for reals, this work is SO great and, it makes me feel awesome! Thanks for your prays mom and dad cuz they are working! We had an awesome fireside last night. Elder Gibbons from the Seventy came and gave the best talk! It was about preparing ourselves for questions to come from people. For instance why did Joseph have to restore the church? or are God and Jesus separate beings? Faith or Works? Etc.... It was awesome to hear his cut and dry, to the point answers. He reminded me of Elder Holland and was able to back up everything! It was amazing. After all that is said and done, he told us about an experience he had on his mission in Holland with his comp. They were going down a river and he was a "greenie" of about 4 months. His comp leaned over and told him how the Holy Ghost talks to him and how the spirit makes him feel. He was a little envious so he prayed and had a great experience. From then on, he has never in his life felt anything more clear and concise than the Holy Ghost testify that something is true. Isn't that so true? We can logically search and search but until we ask and feel the comforting feelings of peace and joy that the Holy Ghost brings, then "the witness of the Holy Ghost is the most powerful witness ever. More certain than anything your eyes can see, your hands can touch or feel". I just love that. I know that is so true in my life. When me and my comp teach and when we start to talk about how we know something of the gospel is true, the spirit is burning in the room!!! I love it! It is so amazing to teach! At the MTC, we must seek first to obtain the word, then will we be the most successful. This is true. How can we testify and preach about principles if we haven't felt them for ourselves? I'm grateful for experiences and trials that brought me to ask if this were true. That is why I am here! My FAV quote in PMG is "Once you've felt the power of the atonement in your life, you will have the greatest desire to share it with other" something like that.... BUT for me that is why I wanted to serve! Until I knew that was true, nothing was stopping me from serving. I LOVE the Lord and our father in Heaven. This whole plan is because he loves us so much. WOW so awesome! I love sharing that with others, and yes I do get really excited to tell the "fake investigators" that too HAHA. ITS saweeet!
Ok off the soapbox LOL. FAM your DA best! I love you all!!! :) Whens the mish call coming chase?!!? I'm writing Chase and aunt Lori asap today :) aunt lori sent me an awesome letter! I miss her! And LOVE her desire to share the gospel too! She is changing lives too. Ok well keep me posted on the call...Im thinking Central America???? HAHA We will see if Im right, prob not hhaha
sorry I didnt write a separate email to others, just cut and paste I guess lol. No time here to do anything!!! gosh!
Love dads letters, they make me laugh hard :)
Thanks baby for your letters :)
Mom thanks for the tights and candy, u rock! miss you and love you.. oh i cant call on Sunday-Mothers Day :(BOOO!!! But I do get a "couple"
hours in the airport when I leave in June! :)
LOVE YOU,
Con amor,
Hermama Tavernier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment