Chelsies countdown

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, May 28, 2010

Sup?!

Hola Fam :)
Thanks as always for all the letters :) How is everyone?! I miss ya all! Everything is excellente here, I am loving pday today. IT is nice to relax a little. How was GLEe?! LUUUcky!!! haha Ill have to see it when i get home. :) I heard babbs is going to Dorthoy now? Shes takin my place :) nice! Tell her Hi for me and i miss her killer workouts. This week has been great. Im finally over the "hump." There was a time a couple weeks ago when I was just like man when are things gonna pick up?! And they are. We have taught the 1st lesson in Espanol about 5 times now. Its so good to practice. Chase should practice Spanish so hes not so confused when he gets here. Like what Josh is doing will help. Its better than nothing. But Spanish is picking up. When we teach, don't ask me how I do it, but its probably the Lord. Then after im like Wow I don't remember anything I just said HAHA. me and my comp laugh. She is struggling through the language so its hard for me to stay positive sometimes. A lot is going on at home too so i try to help and encourage her, plus thinking about home wont help at all. I think she is sick of all the pep talks i give her. haha. But its only because i know she has the potential to do it. SOO guess who came last night. Elder D. Todd Christofferson. We are so blessed to come at the "rush" of all the apostles! His talk was amazing. I have been thinking a lot about the little miracles Heavenly Father gives us. There have been days when Im super "unconfident" and things dont always go the way i hope they do, then the Lord comes into play by giving us these tender mercies. How grateful I am for them. I am so grateful for the Atonement and the tremendous influence it has on us if we are only willing to come unto him. :) He talked about how the Lord answers us through the scriptures. It is TRUE. Whenever I am seeking an answer, I go straight to the scriptures, and I find my answer. I feel so close to the Savior being on a mission, studying this Gospel all day is such a privileged, sometimes I feel like I do not deserve all the blessings i have received since being here. (if that makes sense) We are still teaching Phil. He was out of town so we only called him twice last week. Its so hard teaching someone over the phone, but the missionaries there cant get a hold of him. I think that me and my comp are suppose to be teaching him. That is another incredible blessing I have seen. This rare opportunity has taught me so much. It gave me hope and a little glimpse of what will go on on the mission. I don't think I will ever want to not have this lifestyle. Cant I just be a missionary my whole life? HAha i told my teacher that and they laughed. We have a progressive investigator Bobby, i think i already told you about him last week. He volunteers here(its weird he is actually a member because he plays his part SO good) but we asked him to be baptized last weekend and he said he would pray about it. When we went back yesterday, he said he had a bad experience. He told us that he felt some dark feeling and it wasn't good. So we shared Joseph's story and that really help him realize the power of Satan. He wanted to pray, so we prayed there and I have never heard a more powerful sincere prayer. IT was incredible, i was crying. ITs funny because He isnt a real investigator, but he received his answer after that he god wanted him to be! We are stoked! and get to plan a baptism in about 1 or 2 weeks. ITs SWEET! haha. We have 3 other progressive investigators we are teaching in Spanish. IT is really hard, but its such good practice and that is how my spanish is improving. we have only 2 more pdays! WEIRD. Time flies. How is everything at home? I got the meds-GRAcias! I loved the packages :) gracias. I havent heard from Kim or Shannon :( its okay though i understand they are busy.Please tell them hi and i Love them :) i dont have anyones address lol. I got a package from auntLori-please tell her thank you!! She is so sweet and I love hearing from her :) So Kenz is done with school today? WOW! lucky duck!! So how is Chadog??? Im so proud of my lil bro!!! ok so our trio(the other sisters in our zone) met a hermana going to DC! We tracked her down and she is SO legIT!!!! Shes from Concepcion Chile!!! So i told her my bro was going there and she was so excited!! She is learning english though, she is so cute and i think 24 or 25? she is amazing though and she will fly out with me and hma. gleason to DC.! She said she met 2 sisters from
africa going to DC north too-but english. isnt that awesome!!
Babbs! Hola! como estas? what is new? did you go to glee too? hows the singles ward?
I love you mom and dad so much. Thanks for all your support and advise. Your da bomb!!! :)
Tell everyone hi and that everything is tremendous ova in provooo !
Con Amor,
Hermana Tavernier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment