Chelsies countdown

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hola!!!!!
Como estas?!!
This week has been excellent! I am lovin the missionary work! ha so whats new? It continues to bless my life everyday. I love learning from my amazing teachers and companion everyday. It is a privilege to preach this gospel everyday. I REALLY love it. 8 WEEKS!!! wow time flies. wowwwie. We get our flight plans tomorrow!!!!!!! WAHOO! I am anxious and excited to leave. Hopefully I will understand what people are saying haha. Tonight me and my comp got asked to help the new missionaries be "their missionaries." What happens is the first day here,about 30 missionaries get called into a room with a investigator and they have to teach him. But they have help of a companionship who sits in on them and get to know and tell them who we are and so forth. We get to do it tonight for 4 hours. Im pumped to do it for all the new missionaries!!! What a wonderful opportunity. Robert D HAles came last night to our Devo!!!!! So thats 4 apostles! Incredible!!!! His talk was so wonderful. Everytime they come, the spirit is soo strong. He talked about obedience, sacrifice, and baptism. I love hearing about those topics because they really go hand in hand. Something that has really been on my mind is how much faith we must always have in Christ all the time, not just as missionaries. He promises us that he will tell us what we need to say in the moment. Also if we just ask, it shall be given! How incredible! I can testify that this is so true. I have exercised this faith and it really works. We had a great Sunday this past week. Our district all got to bear our testimonies in Spanish(usually the oldest district does it in spanish, but it is optional). And I LOVE our elders, the 5 of them are incredible. They are going to do amazing in Nicaragua. They are legitimo-lol... They leave monday :(. So I wont have pday next wednesday-it is next friday. Me and Hermana Gleason have training starting wed-with all the temp sq missionaries :). Im excited! Then we have pday friday. :) We get to go to temple sqaure and practice a day next week. Im excited!!!!! So i wont be able to tell you exactly when i can call until next fri-but prob leaving mon or tuesday?? Im not quite sure! sorry. Teaching in Spanish is going a lot better. At first it was hard, but now we got the hang of it. It is still hard, to figure out all the vocab and verbs and seeing if they are right, but we usually leave the lesson and we sya, we dont know how we were able to say that!!! Its really neat how the Lord is always helping us. I love missionary work! Its the besssst! I love my comp, she rocks and we have learned a lot from each other. My teachers are incredible and I hope to become like them when I get home. Oh our branch presidency is SO awesome. President Krueger is THE MAN! He is hilarious. He said to us..staring and smiling...."Your looking good...your good lookin." HAHA. He always is just smiling and has a quiet demeanor. He write Good on the board. He said he was thinking all about what he should say and that is the word that came up. Then he wrote a smile face in the o's and a smile under it :) he rocks! They help us so much and give us SO much love and express it often. Their wives are INCREDIBLE. They are so awesome. They come up to our dorm and chat and help us since we dont have our moms :)
Well Love you all very much!!!!!! Love hearing from you all!!
Le quiero mucho!!!!!!!
Con Amor,
Hermana Tavernier

No comments:

Post a Comment