Chelsies countdown

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chelsies 2nd email

Hola everyone!
I am about to start my 3rd week here! Time is flying! Everything is really great. I love being here in the MTC. It has blessed my life and knowledge of the gospel unconditionally and I cant imagine what it will be like after 18 months. I love my teachers. They are the most amazing people and has solid testimonies. Last night we had the privilege to hear from Elder L. Tom Perry! I guess its been a long time since an apostle came. He was incredible! The spirit was so powerful and my heart was full of love. He talked about the Book Of Mormon and Joseph Smith. He was funny and has a sincere personality. What a sweetheart.
The days are long! They are SO worth it. I love learning Spanish! I learned how to testify and pray in Spanish! We contact people here, just as we would in the MTC. So we introduce ourselves and get to know them and bear our testimonies at least 4 times a day to different companionship's.
My Zone is way cool. There is one district of 4 Elders leaving soon to Hondorus! Maybe Pres Veirs mission! They are so smart and excellent missionaries.Then there is one other district of all elders (12) all going to the same mission in Argentina! They have been here 7 weeks so leave next week. The two Hermanas in our district leave on Tuesday for Guatemala (there is a MTC there) :( We have gotten so close to all of them so it will be sad) but i hear we get some new hermanas next week! :)Hermamas are da best.
I have had such a great time here. I am reading in Alma right now for my personal studies and started it when I got here and am finishing up Alma soon. It is my favorite because it is all about missionary work! The Sons of Mosiah and Alma the Younger are incredible missionaries! I hope I can have that drive and desire like them. I am so grateful for my experience in Israel. It has prepared me for my mission in ways I cannot even imagine. I love missionary work and have a passion for this gospel. we are fulfilling the Lords purpose! This is what we are here to do! It brings so much comfort into my life. I have never been happier in my life! :)
I love getting mail especially the dearelder.com-hint hint... Love you all and muchisimos gracias for all your support!

Con Amor,
Hermama Tavernier!

No comments:

Post a Comment